- Job Code: W0516
- Pay Grade:WR
- Pay Scale:$28.22-$51.35 Hourly; $58,697.60-$106,808.00 Annually
Plan, design, create, and maintain a Web or Intranet Site and/or develop automated methods for connecting data and databases to provide on-line access to information. This involves developing, coding, testing, and implementing software programs and scripts using various programming and scripting languages.
Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Depending on assigned responsibilities, employees may perform some or all of the duties below.
- Plan, design, create, and maintain a large scale dynamic Web or Intranet Site to provide user friendly access to information in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Design and implement interfaces to link existing data and databases or create new databases for deployment on a Web or Intranet Site to provide public access to information in an appealing and user friendly manner.
- Code, test, implement, and maintain programs and scripts using various programming and scripting languages to create a Web or Intranet Site and provide extranet linkage.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software application errors and bugs to facilitate communication and dissemination of information to employees and the public.
- Update Web or Intranet Site content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and images.
- Develop and maintain associated system and technical documentation to provide an audit trail and support troubleshooting.
- Perform as a team leader on large complex Web or Intranet Site projects to ensure objectives and deadlines are met.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new software applications related to Web Site or Intranet systems to enhance capabilities and keep up with technology developments.
- Install, test, and implement upgrades to software to enhance capabilities.
- Instruct computer staff and users in the operation and maintenance of programs and Web or Intranet Site to maximize user capabilities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of Web, Internet or Intranet sites, and database design and programming languages.
- Considerable knowledge of graphic, illustration, animation, and 3D software program tools.
- Working knowledge of computer equipment and operations and the interrelationship of equipment with programming approaches.
- Working knowledge of general office policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to design and develop complex Web, Internet, or Intranet pages.
- Ability to effectively write programs in one or more languages.
- Ability to use a computer and other related software.
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Minimum Education & Experience
- A high school diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Four years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining a Web or Intranet Site.
- An associate's or higher from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Two years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining a Web or Intranet Site.
Additional Job Requirements
- Depending on assignment, employees may be required to possess a valid Florida Driver License at time of employment. Driving history will be thoroughly reviewed and may be grounds for disqualification.
- No visible tattoos on face. Tattoos on hands, neck, or arms must be covered with white, black, or neutral colored covering.
- No illegal drug sale within lifetime.
- No illegal drug use within the past 36 months. No marijuana use within the last 24 months.
- No felony convictions within lifetime.
- No misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, or domestic violence within lifetime.
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Coast Guard, National Guard, or Reserve Forces.
- Successful completion of a criminal background investigation including polygraph; reference, employment, and neighborhood checks; medical evaluation; and drug screening.
General Benefit Information
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Florida Retirement System and Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee incentives for educational degrees and bilingual (Spanish) abilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training